…culinary chronicles of taking that final moment to “taste for seasoning.”

Sunday, March 8

Pasta, continued: the applications

Hey, so here's my professional-looking (well, kinda) pasta!

I'm not sure what kind of pasta it is, actually. Tagliatelle, maybe? We had it with toasted pine nuts (I just stir them around in a saucepan on medium until they look toasty),


And broccolini! My favorite!

It was a low-stress dinner! I just heated up some olive oil in a skillet, cooked some garlic and crushed red pepper in the oil (on pretty low heat so the garlic didn't burn), blanched the broccolini in boiling water just until it turned bright green, then threw it into the skillet with a little of the water, put the lid on, and let it cook from the steam in the skillet while the pasta cooked in the boiling water.
Once the broccolini and pasta were both cooked, I stirred everything together, and that was that! Mike grated a little parmesan to put on top.

2 comments:

  1. Yummy, that looks good! What are the transparent shreds?

    Mom

    ReplyDelete